SHAKESPEARE AS THE GREATEST DRAMATIST OF ALL THE TIMES. Shakespeare was the one who brought the values of life in Renaissance through his literary productions. He was born in Stratford upon-Avon. He was the greatest production of Elizabethan age or Renaissance. Financial misfortunes took him away from his own hometown. He arrived London poor and friendless nut he left it rich and respected. He was regarded as greatest playwriter, author and businessman.
WORKS OF SHAKESPEARE:
- Shakespeare’s work is really awesome. Some of major roles which he plays in literature during Renaissance are as under:
- Uranus: Uranus the seventh planet of the Solar System, has 27 known moons, the majority of which are named after Shakespeare’s characters
- Simplicity and two-dimensional characterization: Shakespeare’s characters are more complex and well-rounded which are more believable. He updated simplistic and two-dimensional characters. He focused on the human psychology and complexity.
- Example: ‘Hamlet” is the bestexample in this regard because main focus in hamlet is ‘humanism’.
- Comprehensiveness and themes: the themes of Shakespeare literature are usually about love, friendship, betrayal and nature. All the themes are still relevant today. We can relate many of the Shakespeare’s work with our life.
- Main focus: Main focus of the Shakespeare was humanism. He focused on the psychological state of the people when word psychology had no concept. He also focused on issues which were affecting society.
- Monarch: In Shakespeare’s writings even, monarchs were given emotions and were able to do mistakes.
- One of the best example is “Julius Caesar”
The fault dear Brutus is not in our stars,
But in ourselves that we are underlings.
- Awesome Poetic Powers: (Example – All the World’s a Stage) Many modern phrases have been invented by Shakespeare. It is said that Shakespeare contributed around 1700 words and phrases to the English language. Many of us quote Shakespeare on a regular basis without even knowing it.
- There appears to be no Philosophy of Life in his works or the intended message. Human beings come and go but human nature remains the same. And that is what Shakespeare appears to be concerned with. The real life, as it is.
GREATEST DRAMTIST OF ALL THE TIMES:
Shakespeare regarded as the greatest dramatist of all the times because his literature still concerns with our lives. Characters which he created; readers know them better than their own relatives.
At last, we can say that Shakespeare’s literature is marvelous piece of writing in which he captivated all the issues and nature of society.